Lion Players Theatre Company

At SHS the Lions Players Theatre Company through the course of the entire year brings about Theatrical Shows such as; Musicals, a UIL One Act Play, black box theatre productions, and Children shows. The LPTC is led by the Head Theatre Director Marilyn Ocker, the Assistant Theatre Director Kathy Gallas-Beyer and The Technical Director Trey Otis. In the beginning portion of the school year, The LPTC produces a children’s show presented to the 26 elementary schools here in Spring ISD. This year they produced “The Fabulous Fable Factory” which was performed from September 19th to September 25, 2018. With auditions starting on August 20th, in less than 30 days this amazing came to life. While in that time frame created 30 costumes for the three different cast (white, silver, and all-star), Built sets for the show and arranged lighting. “The Fabulous Fable Factory” features a curious youngster who uncovers an old factory operated by Mr. or Mrs. Aesop and an assembly line of seven fable makers. The three cast and the technical crew battled through challenge up until and during the showing of the show, however, in the end, the show was a monumental success.

“The Super Cast”, Pictured from f to r, l to r: Lucian Chavez, Destiny Broussard, Marilyn Ocker, Gwendolyn Penny, Ruth Femi-David, Britney Garza, Brian Addington, Brionna Gentry, Devin Zamora, Devin Randle, Cameron Zamora, Marcellos Anderson, Mykayla Martinez

“The White Cast”, Pictured from f to b, l to r: Marilyn Ocker, Jesus Rodrigez, Dylanlea Shaftner, Toneelea Shaftner, Mackenzie Berryman, Kitiana Glenn, Xavier Jenkins, Abel Torres, Gabriel Saenz, Josue Hernandez, Makayla Pellum, Zoe Taylor, Kenya White, Kathy Gallas-Beyer