The Starlettes

Yusif Teesdale, Clubs & Organizations Editor

Whether it is leaping on the field at games in the fall, turning on the floor at competitions in the winter, or strutting on the stage at shows in the spring, the SHS Starlettes work year-round to shine. This dynamic unit made up of 45 young women and men, support sports, organizations, and other extra-curricular activities within SHS.  They are active at festivals, pep-rallies, parades and provide other special appearances. There are three parties within the Starlettes organization.  The Dance Squad utilizes extensive dance training, attends specialized workshops and competes for distinguished awards at contests. New this school year is the Pom Squad.  The primary focus of the Pom Squad is to engage in the showmanship facet of dance such as extra performances and appearances in the school and community. Starguards consists of amazing guards and managers that are the support of the team, and, yes, they dance too. However, the highlight of being a Starlette are the opportunities to perform and spend time together and create bonds that can establish life-long relationships. The entire Starlettes team prides itself on being a family that promotes school spirit, strives for excellence in dance performances, academics and behavior on campus. These dancers are recognized for having high standards and being positive role models within the community.  The next few months will continue to be very busy for these performers as they prepare for upcoming presentations that include football and basketball games, pep rallies, parades, district-wide shows, and community events.  The Starlettes are under the direction of Clarissa Castleberry and assisted by Kim Blazek.