Everthing Changes

Kirsten Hitchens, Commentator

Everyone is always friends with everyone from the start, but once you know them more they become monsters. 

In elementary, there wasn’t bullying just love…Well, that’s what I thought. Elementary school is when everything changed where I knew not everyone is loving. I started getting picked on and that’s when it went downhill. Now as the years go by things started to change more. more insults, violence, and things just kept changing. Making it harder to go to school to carry on a conversation and making new friends.

It started in third grade my first day of being new to the school. I entered the large glass doors to the elementary school, everyone looked so kind and happy sending smiles left and right. I thought ‘hey it won’t be as bad as I thought’ well… I was wrong. I walked into my classroom with the principle as they announced I was new and to give a warm welcome. Me being me I smiled and went to my seat. People around me were laughing as I sat down. I didn’t think much of it till I got up and the teacher saw what was there. It was doodles and writing of horrible things about me sticky noted on the back of my pink floral shirt. She realized what happened and moved me to another class but, didn’t change what they did, in fact, it got worse. Over that time they throw paper balls at me talking about how ugly I was and why I looked different. They made fun of the littlest things I did. I go onto the bus to more insults towards how I looked. It went on and on to the point where I sat alone and enclosed myself in silence and just being alone. Middle school didn’t make it better either they tripped me all the time down the stairs. It went on till I broke my ankle and even when that happened it still went on. People laughed at my clumsiness because I always bounced with each step. It was everywhere. The bullying and all they just laughed cause I was overweight and weirder looking than the other girls who were in my grade level. I started to become self-conscious and watch what I ate and did. Where I would barely eat and stay quiet so I wouldn’t be noticed. I changed myself for everyone else to like me, while they changed for the worst.

Now high school comes around where I’m just scared of judgment, people, getting to close to anyone, or even coming to this school full of hatred.

Everyone changed from they truly were, hurting everyone even people they don’t know. I walk to class in these crowded hallways filled with hundreds of children makes me feel nauseous and freakout in my head while being engulfed in the crowd of judgment. Slowly talking about me laughing with their friends about myself, as I walk alone hearing these words left and right. There’s a good in every bad thing that comes your way. I met good friends who changed my thoughts on high school making my experience more tolerable than it already was when I first walked through those glass doors to the high school I go to now.