When is being bored not boring?

Does anyone still play with board games?

Mia Lopez, Reporter

Ever took the time to wonder why someone took the time out of their day to come up with board games, or why people till this day still even play with board games? Well, believe it or not, board games actually help with health benefits. Some board games actually take the time to think about like the game “Chess.” For chess, you have to use strategy to figure out what you are needed to do. Some board games actually teach kids how to spell, like the scramble game.

Board games aren’t so bad, they really bring families together without having any interruptions. Yes sometimes games make people mad and they take it out on the people who are playing but when looking on the positive side about board games you can see it makes people happy when you’re hanging with loved ones and smiling. Sometimes it’s good to just sit down with your family and play board games because it brings yall even more close, and some people really need that family loves nowadays since most people are stuck on phones rather than spending time with a family member.

Junior Sophia Previlon, often plays board games. When she’s playing board games she usually spends that time with her mother and sister Nadia. “Getting to spend time with my family always brightens my day and makes me smile so big,” said Previlon. Sophia usually enjoys the board game monopoly. “Although sometimes as we play the game we have our up’s and downs and soon get frustrated with it, It’s still a joyful experience to get to play,” said Previlon. To Sophia, board games aren’t always fun if played alone, that’s why they might seem boring but other times when playing with a bunch of people it gets better and way more fun.

Freshmen Ke’Andre Scott feels thinks board games are one way to take your mind off something or to just go to when you need some happiness. “Playing DND with my friends is a lot of fun, being able to just use my imagination and to get my mind off of things really help when it comes to board games,” said Scott. When playing with his family he loves how it brings them closer each time and seeing them being able to just smile for the time being. “I love when my family is happy and smiling it makes me super happy that they’re having fun and enjoying the games we play,” said Scott.