What happened to the Iowa Family?

Are Holidays in Mexico to dangerous?

Bjoern Kleist, Reporter

If you chose to read this article you might be wondering, who were the Sharps?

The Sharps was a family that lived in Creston, Iowa. This kindred was composed of four people; Kevin Wayne Sharp, age 41, Amy Marie Sharp, age 38, Sterling Wayne Sharp, age 12, and Adrianna Marie Sharp, age seven. The family had gone on a trip over the spring break, near Tulum, Mexico, where they rented a condo.

The family was reported missing after they did not come back home on Wednesday 21st, March 2018. Relatives of the Sharps were concerned prior to the disappearance because the Sharps were arranging a meet-up with friends at a waterpark. Weland told ABC news that “neither Kevin nor Amy posted any pictures on social media over their trip.”

Two days after they went missing, the bodies were found in the condo. Many people are wondering what had happened to them.

Mexican Police recently released to the public that the family died due to a toxic gas leak behind the stove in the Condo. They must have “swallowed the gas during (their) sleep,” the police reported during the public release.

An investigation towards the condo owner is being held due to a recent discovery that revealed the gas leak was coming from a water heater that had not recently had maintenance.

The families corpses have recently been returned to the United States, where they were buried on March 31st. There were over 1500 people that wanted to be with their family at the ceremony held at alocal university. The family enjoyed the support.

Some may wonder due to recent events if it is dangerous to plan holidays in Mexico, but that is not the case: You can perfectly make a trip to any of the bigger hotels there. Before traveling, you just have to be cautious and look up reviews online about the hotel you would like to stay in. If those places do not fit in your budget, you should stay in the US or Canada and visit a closer place like the capital of your state or other major cities…

Never trust “rent an apartment” sites because those places are checked less than hotels, and there could be multiple fake reviews. Yet, if this is your only option in your budget you shouldn’t stay home. One thing you should do beforehand is to check google earth and see if the house looks adequate in the neighborhood looks promising. In the US/Canada it is perfectly fine to stay in older renovated places, but for Mexico, new ones should always be preferred, due to the gas leak accident, because of old gas lines. The most important thing is, that you do not get scared.