Are threats and warnings of mass shootings/attacks taken serious enough?

Could the Floridahave shooting be prevented?

Bjoern Kleist, Reporter

The recent school shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland Florida could have been prevented. There has been a call saying Nikolas Cruz could shoot up a school. There have also been investigations in 2016 that he has ADHD, Autism, and Depression. In one of his snaps back then he cut himself and said he was going to buy a gun. Why did the police not do something?  Why did Nikolas Cruz not get medical treatment back in 2016 when all his illnesses were reported? All of these are empty questions without answers, but one thing is for sure, he should have received medical treatment, and new investigations should have been started after the call one month prior to the attack.

Is this a special case or is it the standard procedures? Sadly it seems to be the standard nowadays, that warnings are not taken seriously if they are existing.  But do we have this issue only in the US, or is it all around the world, and how can we get more attention towards witnesses of unusual behavior of a person?

The sleeping police problem is not just a problem in the US, another recent attack happened back in 2016 in Berlin, Germany on the Christmas market. The attack was planned in advance too and there were signs Anis Amri could do another attack after he already burned a refugee camp in Italy. He was only sentenced to four years in prison because he was involved in a group. The German CID warned about a planned suicide attack as soon as March 2016, nine months before the attack and asked for immediate deportation, However, the state of North Rhine-Westphalia said, that he could not be deported. Three weeks before the attack there was another warning by the Moroccan intelligence, which was not clearly investigated, Anis Amri was watched for some time, but then the search was dropped again and his apartment was never searched.

But what can you do to help prevent these attacks or give more attention towards them, if you know about future attacks? You should definitely use social media to your advantage and warn as many people as possible about the information you have, but only if you are a 100% sure. You also should inform the police about this person’s unusual behavior or possession of a gun , whatever indicator you have. If you think they don’t take your warning seriously, you have to inform friends so you can build up the pressure because it is their job to protect all inhabitants from a possible attack.

What should the government do, if they have information about these people? They should provide people, that have these issues like Anis Amri or autism, ADHD, depression like Nikolas Cruz with medical treatment for no cost, to save the population.

So there is definitely not done enough right now, and this situation has to be changed because every warning is serious and has to be investigated and resolved.