Is Art Important To You?

People take expressing their creativity very seriously. One of those aspects is Art.

Alea Allen and edited by Kirsten Hitchens

Alea Allen, Reporter

Where does art come from in the first place? Well, the first art was created in caves, believe it or not. This type of art is called “Cave Art”. It started in Africa when people would make their own paints and pigments with flowers and draw animals such as mammoths, pigs, and hands with their fingers on the walls of the cave with bones and shells about 40,000 years ago.

Today, art has had a drastic change. With new technology, we are now able to go to our local stores and purchase crayons, colored pencils, and markers to express our creativity on paper and show them off to whoever wants to witness perfection on paper. There are many reasons people pursue art in the world. Some people may just like it more than others.

“I drew a picture of a whale when I was in third grade and people put it up in a museum for about a week before they took it down,” freshman Javier Composano said.

The time it takes for an artist to create a piece could vary on how the artist wants the art to look. It could take up to two minutes, to two hours, to two weeks, or two months. Probably even longer. It all depends on the artist and how great and awesome they want their masterpiece to come out and how they want it to be perceived by the viewer.

“I usually draw to kill time, but sometimes it usually takes up a day to a week or two, depending on what I am drawing,” freshman Alejandro Herrera said.

Art has really inspired people throughout its existence. All artists in the world have been inspired by something and they create their own art or their own style of art, such as abstract art created by Francis Picabia, who titled his work Caoutchous in the year 1909. And some people have a really good background story and amazing details on any type of art that they have created or know about.

“If I could create an art piece, I would draw space and everything beyond our solar system is just darkness emphasizing that we were scared of the unknown, yet drawn to it. The art would be called Beyond,” Herrera said.

Art has effectively influenced many people around the world and inspired them as well to make their own art and express their creativity. From cave art to freehanding, to painting, to creating art on a computer screen. Art will always be shared and be able to please any looking eyes.