Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp, Nintendo’s Mobile Success?

Nintendo's New Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp is Nintendo's Highest Grossing App to Date

Alexander Cordova, Reporter

On October 25, Nintendo released the highly anticipated ‘Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp,’ which stormed over America and Australia within six days. Amassing over fifteen million downloads just within its initial six days, ‘Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp’ (AC: PC) has surpassed every application released by Nintendo, barring ‘Super Mario Run.’

Users from everywhere agree that the game “is quite calming,” as remarked by user Dannie Madrid. Roaming around the small overworld in the game makes for time-consuming hours of play that brings you back.

“I’ll play for maybe a total of about an hour or more a couple of times a day,” says senior and user Emily Skorupinski.

Animal Crossing’s success was not made fully apparent, however, as many fans and users wondered why the game suffered many crashes. Unlike most of their other mobile games, Nintendo surprised users with several updates and compensation rewards along with constant user support. “I’m not surprised, it’s a great game,” says Senior and user Alexander Lino.

Continuous user support and improvements are what many find to be key in games to keep an audience. “It’s a fun pass-time that feels rewarding to play, which is the point of most apps,” said Emily. Nintendo has proven Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp to be enjoyable to play and to share. 

“I suppose for the future I expect events similar to Fire Emblem: Heroes; Big rare characters and events to draw players in,” Dannie says. Animal Crossing has surprised players with new events that occur almost weekly.

Other players also inquire that Animal Crossing should and could surpass Nintendo’s biggest app so far: Mario Run. With charts continuing to rise over this Christmas season at a near steady pace, Animal Crossing is now highly anticipated to top the downloads charts.

“I figure it’ll keep growing with more content, but it can do better than Mario Run,” says Emily. Nintendo has recently shown more effort in updates, patches, and new items as well to support their players.

Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp has proven to be fun for any user and is anticipated to continue this trend. Players give their best support to this lovable game!

No matter who is playing, young or mature, every user can find enjoyment in Nintendo’s mobile installment of Animal Crossing. “I’d suggest it to friends as it’s very fun to play and easy to engage with,” user Dannie says. Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp is Nintendo’s new mobile success.