District Is Ours Lock It Up

The Lady Lions Varsity Basketball team is determined to make district theirs

Breonah Adams, Sports Reporter

This is the year that the Lady Lions will win district and go to state. The season is theirs and they are going to blow your minds.

Senior Denesia Johnson first played basketball in the sixth grade. Her love for it motivated her to continue playing throughout high school. Denesia said, “I have a good feeling about this season.” She really hopes that they’ll make it to district and maybe even go to state. Ms.Johnson is really confident about the season, before each and every game she has fun and turns up. Something that she’ll like to accomplish this season is to go undefeated. Denesia wants to be known as “the girl that picks up her teammates whenever they are down and the person that you can come to about anything because she’ll always be there.”

Junior Alexis Hordge became serious about basketball and started playing in the seventh grade. The fact that people saw she had potential and could make it somewhere really motivated her to keep playing. This is Alexis first year on the varsity team. She has a lot of confidence in this year and might be their season to ball out. Alexis stated, “I eat a lot and have my music blasting loud before every game until it’s time to take them out.” As the season continues, she wants to “show that she deserves her spot”. Ms.Hordge would like to be remembered as an “all around good player”.

Michael Prejean is the Lady Lions head basketball coach, the Mighty Lions Cross Country coach, and a world geography teacher. During practice, they do a lot of competitions. He said that “the girls are really self-motivated”. They usually do “team time” which is lead by the head players but most people have their own pre-game rituals. Coach says that he wishes they will make it to the playoffs and that he has a lot of confidence in this year’s group of girls.