Gorillaz comeback

The Gorillaz are finally making their huge comeback since 2011

Amya Perez, A&E Writer

The Gorillaz are finally coming out of hibernation after almost seven years. The last studio album was released in 2011 and and sold over 2,200,000 copies, just in the US.

The band was undoubtedly one of the biggest alternative rock bands in the early and mid-2000’s. Their biggest songs, Feel Good Inc., Clint Eastwood, and Dare all landed spots on Billboard’s, “The Hot 100” chart.

My dad was a huge fan of theirs and listened to their music on a constant replay back they were big. “They definitely had a feel-good vibe with their music. I always felt like dancing when listening to them, and I’m not a dancing type of guy.”

Their electric sounds and hard bass always makes the music easy and fun to dance around to.

Shania McBean, is a senior that goes to Chisholm Trail High School in Fort Worth, has listened to the Gorillaz for almost all of her life. She grew up jamming out with her siblings and making funny dance videos to their music.

“It’s basically a tradition to listen to them on the weekends and make silly music videos to them,” Shania says. “We can’t go at least a week without listening to them together.”

The group has been promoting their long-awaited album through Instagram (@gorillaz) posts that all align once posted in threes, promotional tweets, and remixes of their new singles.

They’ve released four new singles within the past month, all including features like D.R.A.M and Vince Staples. People have been going absolutely crazy over their new songs.

According to LA Loyalyn, the groups album has been long awaited by many around the world, and this is going to be one of the biggest comebacks in the world.

They did release a six minute video to go along with their new songs, Saturnz Barz and has almost  20 million views in just a little bit over a week.

Their new album, Humanz, is set to release on April 28th and pre-orders are already being sold on here and iTunes.