Trumps 100 days

Brayden White, Technical Editor

More stories from Brayden White

What we know

Trump has been sworn into office for 100 days as of April 29, 2017. Donald Trump was sworn into office January 20, 2017 at around noon. Despite his low ratings, So far, Trump has made some remarkable accomplishments during his 100 days of presidency. Most of his actions are said to be “restoring economic optimism and the American spirit” whitehouse.gov stated. We can clearly see that his presidency has had some major impacts on America.

Trumps presidency has impacted the American economy significantly. His main goal as president is to restore jobs and the American economy and because of that, Trump has brought over 500,000 more jobs for American citizens along with a surge of female employment.

Trump has made broad statements and promises to American citizens in which he has brought forth and is fulfilling most of his promises to the country. He vowed the build a wall to keep undocumented immigrants out of the country because of the inability to pay taxes in which he fulfilled and since then, immigration percentage has dropped down 61% which is the lowest it’s been in 17 years.

Not only has Trump kept immigrants out, also people from third world countries due to his executive order to ban incoming muslims from entering America to protect the Nation from foreign terrorist entry. This act caused a lot of controversy for people attempting to escape poverty in hope for a new a good life in America.

Donald Trump holds the record of the most signed executive orders. He has signed 30 executive orders in 100 days, 11 more than former president Barack Obama and exceeding the previous record of the 36th president, Lyndon B. Johnson who served a 4 year term from November 22, 1963 to January 20, 1969 who signed 26 executive orders in his 100 days.

Trump has also released 59 Tomahawk cruise missiles from 2 two US warships in the Eastern Mediterranean on a Syrian airfield to hit aircraft, fuel storages and weapon dumps to “send a message” to the Assad regime after a large chemical attack that left 85 dead and hundreds more injured.

Trump has made a lot of major impacts on modern America in just 100 days and we can only expect broader and more significant actions for the next 3 and a half years from him.